INTRODUCTION TO SOULCOLLAGE® FOR PLAY AND TALK THERAPISTS:
Tapping into Your Creative Process and Inner Wisdom
WORK TOWARD BECOMING A REGISTERED PLAY THERAPIST
Saturday February 29, 2020 – 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Limited to 5 participants
Presenter: Marion Bayard MFT, RPT-S
Sponsored by Growth through Play Therapy Trainers
SoulCollage® was developed by psychotherapist and author, Seena Frost. SoulCollage® is a creative, intuitive process of using images and placing them on 5” X 8” cards to create a deck to express your inner world and community. Using imagination and dialoguing with a card allows the maker to find their own voice and meaning. Although we will touch on the psychological components of SoulCollage®, this workshop is designed to provide play and talk therapists an introduction and a personal experience of SoulCollage®.Topics related to being a play therapist such as compassion fatigue, integrating aspects of the self and identifying your internal/external support system will be addressed. If you are interested in using the SoulCollage® method with clients, it is recommended that therapists complete theS oulCollage® Facilitator Training.
Marion Bayard, LMFT, RPT-S, has provided services in a variety of diverse settings which include schools, youth and family service organizations, substance abuse programs and private practice. She has extensive training in expressive art therapy, play therapy and sand tray therapy. In 2011, Marion completed training to be a SoulCollage® facilitator with the creator of SoulCollage®, Seena Frost, LMFT. In 2018, she completed the revised facilitator training with Mariabruna Sirabella, LMFT.
- Introduce participants to the SoulCollage® method as created by Seena Frost, LMFT, M.Div.
- Identify the various therapeutic models and applications that SoulCollage® draws on. Participants will learn how SoulCollage® embraces a unique aspect of play and can be used as a play therapy and expressive art therapy tool.
- Provide a hands-on experience of making SoulCollage® cards. Participants will have the opportunity to make a “play” card or “play therapist” card.
- Participants will learn how to dialogue with cards by using the SoulCollage® format of “I am the One Who”. Participants will explore the relationship between role-play used in play therapy and the “I am the One Who” used in SoulCollage®.
- Participants will be familiar with key concepts of SoulCollage® such as deck categories (suits of the deck), transpersonal cards, and card readings. Participants will learn how key concepts of SoulCollage® have been incorporated in educational and play therapy settings.
- Licensed therapist and registered play therapist will understand the specific legal/ethical considerations when using the SoulCollage® method. (i.e. Trademark, copyright, and training related to becoming a facilitator will be addressed).
Trainer: Marion Bayard, LMFT, RPT-S
Time and Date: 10AM-5:30 PM Saturday February 29, 2020 (1 hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks will not be counted toward the 6 CEs awarded)
Location: 3725 Coolidge Avenue, Oakland 94602
$175 if registered before 1/15/20, $200 if registered after 1/15/20
Fee includes delicious snacks and a manual.
Limited to 5 participants to provide individual attention
Register: Credit card charges through Pay Pal. To pay by check, please contact Karen via email so she reserves your spot and then mail a check to: Karen Pernet 3725 Coolidge Ave, Oakland, CA.
Contact Jeannette Harroun directly for more information 925-890-7478 or Jeannette@bayarea-counseling.com
6 CEs - $25 additional charge
Approved by Association for Play Therapy (APT 09-241) NO FEE for APT credits
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if canceled 30 days in advance minus $50 administrative fee; after that date there will be no refund unless space is filled from the waiting list.
Questions: Contact Karen at 510-923-0520 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Marion at 510-384-0651 or email@example.com
Sierra Institute for Contemporary Gestalt Therapy (Provider #76949) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFT’S, LCSW’S, LPCC’S AND LEP’S. SICGT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Growth through Play Therapy is an approved provider for the Association for Play Therapy APT 09-241.
There is no extra charge for APT CEs.
Partial credit cannot be offered.
This workshop and presenter have no conflict of interest in presenting this workshop, nor is there any commercial support.
Accommodations: To request accommodations for special needs, please email the Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grievances: To obtain the grievance policy or report a grievance please email email@example.com or call 510-923-0520
Certificates: Course Completion certificates will be awarded at the end of the course in exchange for a completed evaluation form.
Course meets the qualifications for 6 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Regular Registration Fee: $200 (after 1/15/20)
- Early Bird Registration Fee: $175 (before 1/15/20)
- 6 CEs @$25 from SICGT Provider #76949
Approved by Association for Play Therapy (APT 09-241) NO FEE for APT credits.