HERE AND NOW OF SANDTRAY THERAPY
WORK TOWARD BECOMING A REGISTERED PLAY THERAPIST
Friday and Saturday, July 26 & 27, 2019 – 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM
Limited to 4 participants
Presenter: Karen E Pernet LCSW, RPT-S
Target Audience: This course is designed for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, LEPs, pre-licensed associates and graduate mental health students
Sandtray therapy is a process-oriented experience, which activates the senses, emotions, creativity, and intellect. The sandtray therapy process creates a place where expression of needs and wants is not dependent upon words.
Using a container of sand and a world composed of miniatures, the creator builds a three dimensional picture, which comes from different dimensions of consciousness. The therapist and the builder of the world are co- explorers.
The training will be experiential and didactic and is limited to 4 participants. No experience needed.
Karen Pernet, LSCW, RPT-S has been in practice for over 25 years, specializing in play therapy and sandtray for people of all ages. She uses her training as a Gestalt Therapist and a Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP) to enhance the sandtray experience. Her trainings have been described as safe, lively, encouraging, responsive to individual needs, informative, interactive and welcoming. One participant said “My experience of creating my first sandtray was one of surprise. I had no idea how deeply the activity could go with such ease."
- After the training participants will explain how to create a personal sandtray during of a play therapy session for adults
- After the training participants will be able to state “I had the opportunity to practice the skill of creating a non-directive sandtray during the workshop”
- After the training participants will describe the skills involved in witnessing a non-directive sandtray during a play therapy session for adults
- After the training participants will be able to describe the skills involved in processing a non-directive sandtray during a play therapy session for adults
- After the training the participant will be able to state “I had the opportunity to practice the skill of witnessing a non-directive sandtray during the workshop.”
- After the training the participant will be able to state “I had the opportunity to practice the skill of processing a non-directive sandtray during the workshop
- After the training participants will be able to state at least 5 categories of miniatures that play therapists should have as part of their sandtray collection
- After the training participants will be will be able to describe at least one major difference between the way children and adults use sandtray in play therapy
- After the training participants will be able to explain the major difference between Jungian Sandplay Therapy and Sandtray Therapy
- After the training participants will be able to list 4 questions and/or observations that play therapists can use in processing sandtrays
- After the training participants will be able to explain in what way sandtray therapy helps a play therapy client (either child or adult) integrate the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- After the training participants will be able to describe how the creation and exploration of personal sandtrays will help them to use this modality with children, teens and/or adults in play therapy sessions.
Trainer: Karen Pernet LCSW, RPT-S
Time and Date: 10 AM-5:30 PM Friday and Saturday July 26-27, 2019 (1 hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks will not be counted toward the 12 CEs awarded)
Location: 3725 Coolidge Avenue, Oakland 94602
Fee: $395 Fee includes 12 hours of training, delicious snacks and a manual.
Limited to 4 participants to provide individual attention.
Register: Credit card charges through Pay Pal. To pay by check, please contact Karen via email so she reserves your spot and then mail a check to: Karen Pernet 3725 Coolidge Ave, Oakland, CA.
12 CEs - $25 additional charge
Approved by Association for Play Therapy (APT 09-241) NO FEE for APT credits
Cancellation Policy: Full refund if canceled 45 days before training, minus $50 administrative fee; after that date there will be no refund unless space is filled from the waiting list.
Questions: Contact Karen at 510-923-0520 or email@example.com
Sierra Institute for Contemporary Gestalt Therapy (Provider #76949) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFT’S, LCSW’S, LPCC’S AND LEP’S. SICGT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Growth through Play Therapy is an approved provider for the Association for Play Therapy APT 09-241.
There is no extra charge for APT CEs.
Partial credit cannot be offered.
This workshop and presenter have no conflict of interest in presenting this workshop, nor is there any commercial support.
Accommodations: To request accommodations for special needs, please email the Program Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grievances: To obtain the grievance policy or report a grievance please email email@example.com or call 510-923-0520
Certificates: Course Completion certificates will be awarded at the end of the course in exchange for a completed evaluation form.
Course meets the qualifications for 12 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Regular Registration Fee: $395
- 12 CEs @$25 from SICGT Provider #76949
Approved by Association for Play Therapy (APT 09-241) NO FEE for APT credits.